Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Post No. 070: For Japheth, Part 1 — Soul Brother!


(Image from Shutterstock)

Soul Brother!

Be still, my brother,
And know that I love you.

Be still and know
You truly are my brother.

Be still and know
We will always be together.

Be still and know
That death cannot separate us.

Be still and know
I will always come for you.

Be still and know
That's how we found each other.

Be still and know
My heart lays open for you.

Be still and know
What my love for you holds.

Be still and know
We are a part of each other.

Be still and know
I am Earth and you are Fire.

Be still and know
Why I call you Soul Brother.

-Paul Whiting
(a.k.a., A Creative Writer)
"I maybe say too much about how life really is!"

My Writing Notes:

The reason that I wrote this poem can be summed up with the following statement: Being the "Neo Hippy" that I am, I was trying to find a communal-style living situation, where I could live as sustainably as possible and also be the naturist that I am!

And the summer of 2000, and part of the autumn, I worked at Breitenbush Hot Springs, which is a bathing-area clothing-optional resort and convention center in Detroit, Oregon. And that is where I met Japheth (pronounced "jay-peth"), who is like My Soul Brother.

And I wrote this poem as a way to console "Jay" (which is his nickname), after I told him that I was HIV-positive!

You see, we were living in separate households when I told him that I was "positive," which was around November of 2000; however, later on, I lived with Jay, as a roommate, in the house that he and his boyfriend, Sean, bought in Portland.

And this poem was also published on my "Small All White in the Forest" blog (please see the hyperlink below for the blog), since I feel that the message in this poem applies to the message that I am trying to convey through "Small All White in the Forest."

This poem was written in Portland, Oregon.

-Paulee

https://smallallwhiteintheforest.blogspot.com

This "Paul Whiting — A Creative Writer" Post No. 070 was edited on January 15th, 2023.

"Poetry is using the fewest words possible in order to describe all that is possible to describe." –Paul Whiting [June 1st, 2022]