Friday, February 18, 2022

Post No. 125: For, "Your Heart Will Go On"


(Image from geograph)

Your Heart Will Go On
(Or, "Time to Deal with Your Ship!")

If you 'keep getting that sinking feeling,'
It may be "time to deal with your ship!"

-Paul Whiting
(a.k.a., A Creative Writer)
"I maybe say too much about how life really is!"

My Writing Notes:

The reason that I wrote this poem can be summed up with the following statement: This poem was inspired by the 1997 motion picture (movie) "Titanic" directed by James Cameron, which is based upon the sinking of the HMS Titanic on April 15th, 1912, after colliding with an iceberg during her maiden voyage.

And this poem was also inspired by the song "My Heart Will Go On," written by James Horner and Will Jennings, from "Titanic: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack," which is performed by Celine Dion. (Please see the hyperlink below for the video.)

By the way, I saw "Titanic 3D" in 2012 (which was an incredible way to experience the original 1997 version of the movie again) and, after I left the theater, I looked at my movie ticket (which I still have) and I realized that I saw the 3D movie right on April 15th, 2012—exactly 100 years to the day of Titanic's sinking on April 15th, 1912! And the funny thing is that it wasn't until after I saw the movie that I realized I had seen it on the 100th anniversary of Titanic's sinking, because I didn't consciously go to see the movie that day with the intention of seeing it on the anniversary.

And this poem was also published on my "Small All White in the Forest" blog (please see the hyperlink below for the blog), since I feel that the message in this poem applies to the message that I am trying to convey through "Small All White in the Forest."

This poem was written in Portland, Oregon.

-Paulee

https://smallallwhiteintheforest.blogspot.com

Watch "Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On [Official Music Video]" on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/rVCT0ZYXfJQ

This "Paul Whiting — A Creative Writer" Post No. 125 was edited on January 31st, 2023.

"Poetry is using the fewest words possible in order to describe all that is possible to describe." –Paul Whiting [June 1st, 2022]