Sunday, November 21, 2021

Post No. 022: What Stirs in Me, Part 2 — Without Name


(Image from Good News for a Weary World)
Without Name

In my spirit chamber of roasted stone,
the only worth I truly own,
there fashions fire.

Prism to its light, compassion to me
known; its vision is my sight;
its passion my desire.

To the flame I am no boundary,
burned into me, around me,
without name or Sól expired.

Taught to soul, this sun I've learned;
its flesh from mine can't be discerned;
its breath is all that I require.

-Paul Whiting
(a.k.a., A Creative Writer)
"I maybe say too much about how life really is!"

My Writing Notes:

The reason that I wrote this poem can be summed up with the following statement: I wrote this poem as a way to describe a meditative visualization that I used to do.

You see, I would imagine a circular chamber made entirely of stone, covered by a rounded ceiling, with a hole at the top that acts as a chimney, just like an igloo. And in the center of this stone chamber, I visualized that there was a round fire pit also made of stone where The Light Of God was always burning, with a kind of shining, shimmering, dancing, aurora borealis-like flame.

And the title "Without Name" is a reference to me imagining that "God doesn't necessarily have a specific name." And I performed this simple visualization in order to feel more peaceful and closer to God! By the way, the term "Sól" (which is pronounced just like the word soul) is the sun personified in Germanic mythology.

And this poem was also published on my "Small All White in the Forest" blog (please see the hyperlink below for the blog), since I feel that the message in this poem applies to the message that I am trying to convey through "Small All White in the Forest."

This poem was written in Salt Lake City, Utah.

-Paulee

https://smallallwhiteintheforest.blogspot.com

This "Paul Whiting — A Creative Writer" Post No. 022 was edited on September 5th, 2023.

"Poetry is using the fewest words possible in order to describe all that is possible to describe." –Paul Whiting [June 1st, 2022]