Friday, December 10, 2021

Post No. 041: Shoveling My Way Out Of The Haze, Part 1 — Second Coming


(Image from Pell City Picture of the Day)

Second Coming

I feel a death is coming,
but it is the sky closing
behind the lightning
that I feel.

I smell my sorrow coming,
but it is the dampened grass
in the wake of rain
that I smell.

I see a grieving coming,
but it is the street water
rising up to the sun
that I see.

I hear my second coming,
but it is a mother talking
softly to her womb
that I hear.

-Paul Whiting
(a.k.a., A Creative Writer)
"I maybe say too much about how life really is!"

My Writing Notes:

The reason that I wrote this poem can be summed up with the following statement: I was inspired to write this poem while I was outside taking a break from a job that I did not really like, but a job that paid the bills.

And the street water from a recent storm was rising up from the pavement, due to evaporation, and I got the strongest feeling that I was headed for a "Second Coming." In other words, I felt like I was going to experience an intense emotional transformation soon...

...Later on, that emotional transformation happened when I faced a fear while I was in therapy. It was such an intense experience that I was walking around my apartment crying and tugging on my clothes! However, it was the emotional breakthrough that I had felt was a "Second Coming."

And this poem was also published on my "Three Dark Horses" and "Small All White in the Forest" blogs (please see the hyperlinks below for the blogs), since I feel that the message in this poem applies to the message I am trying to convey through "Three Dark Horses" and "Small All White in the Forest." Plus, I feel that the message in this poem applies to the message I am trying to convey through my new "The Oneness Of God" spiritual practice!

This poem was written in Salt Lake City, Utah.

-Paulee

https://threedarkhorses.blogspot.com

https://smallallwhiteintheforest.blogspot.com

This "Paul Whiting — A Creative Writer" Post No. 041 was edited on May 6th, 2024.

"Poetry is using the fewest words possible in order to describe all that is possible to describe." –Paul Whiting [June 1st, 2022]