Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Post No. 322 For "An Election Day Celebration!"


(Image from Peoria Public Radio)

Celebrate Election Day!

Happy Election Day, Everyone!

Celebrate Democracy And Vote!

-Paul Whiting
(a.k.a., A Creative Writer)
"I maybe say too much about how life really is!"

My Writing About Making Election Day A Legal Holiday: I think that "We, The People" should make Election Day into a legal holiday, so that the whole day is dedicated to the celebration of democracy by celebrating the right to vote! –Paul Whiting (written November 2nd, 2010, revised November 5th, 2013, revised March 31st, 2015 and revised November 8th, 2022)

My Writing About How I Vote: When I vote, I typically consider the recommendations of various organizations, news publications, as well as election 'political mailers' and, then, I decide whose recommendations for, or against, each candidate or ballot measure make the most sense. Plus, I usually always vote for Democrats. And that's how democracy rolls in this house! –Paul Whiting (written October 28th, 2012 and revised November 8th, 2022)

My Writing Notes:

The reason that I wrote this poem can be summed up with the following statement: "I think that 'We, The People' should make Election Day into a legal holiday, so that the whole day is dedicated to the celebration of democracy by celebrating the right to vote!"

And this poem was also published on my "Small All White in the Forest" blog (please see the hyperlink below for the blog), since I feel that the message in this poem applies to the message that I am trying to convey through "Small All White in the Forest."

This poem was written in Portland, Oregon.

-Paulee

https://smallallwhiteintheforest.blogspot.com

November 5th, 2018 Update: I wanted to explain to you the way that I have changed how I vote! And, in order to explain how I changed, please let me quote myself—specifically from my July 1st, 2012 post titled, "For the Year 2012 — My Posting Sabbatical, Part 2," which is published on my "Small All White in the Forest" and "Poet, Artist and Philosopher" blogs:

My Writing About How I Vote: When I vote, I typically consider the recommendations of various organizations, news publications, as well as election 'political mailers' and, then, I decide whose recommendations for, or against, each candidate or ballot measure make the most sense. Plus, I usually always vote for Democrats. And that's how democracy rolls in this house! –Paul Whiting (written October 28th, 2012 and revised November 8th, 2022)

Now, that quote still applies to how I vote; however, in 2018, I decided to not just read voter recommendations of "various organizations, news publications, as well as election 'political mailers.'" Instead, I read news publications during the entire year. And, in that way, I can be a more informed voter, as well as a more informed citizen, throughout the year! And, thusly, when it comes to voting on Election Day, I have spent the entire year preparing to vote and have not been preparing only when it's time to vote. And, just to clarify, for some publications, I still only read their voter recommendation editions when I am preparing to vote. –Paul Whiting (written November 5th, 2018, revised June 15th, 2022, revised November 8th, 2022, revised April 19th, 2023 and revised June 12th, 2023)

This "Paul Whiting — A Creative Writer" Post No. 322 was edited on June 12th, 2023.

"Poetry is using the fewest words possible in order to describe all that is possible to describe." –Paul Whiting [June 1st, 2022]